It’s my favorite thing to do, grilling – Will Muschamp
Will isn’t alone. Grilling is our favorite thing to do too, and it’s also the weekend pastime of choice for hundreds of thousands of other Americans.
It’s become part of our national identity and when we get together in groups, whether it’s a family reunion or just a party with our friends, there’s almost certainly going to be a grill at the center of that function.
We all enjoy cooking for our loved ones, and there’s no better way to fire up a party and get it started than with a grill you can rely on and trust to perfectly execute your every culinary command.
Without the right grill, your weekends, your parties, and your get-togethers would come grinding to a halt faster than rain summons the pace car on race day.
While there’s a staunch and devoted fanbase of grillers who insist that nothing beats the taste of charcoal and pellet cooked food, we’ve always been of the mindset that gas and propane deliver a much cleaner, natural taste.
We’ll happily swear by, and attest to the benefits of cooking with gas until we shuffle off this mortal coil.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best two-burner gas grills you can lay your grilling hands-on so that you can find out why nothing beats the flavor of gas-fired food on a lazy, Sunday afternoon.
Whether you’re a long-time griller with more cooking hours under your belt than Gordon Ramsey or are a wide-eyed grilling virgin, with these dual burner grills you’ll experience a world of gas-powered flavor that you never thought was possible.
So let’s fire up the grill and start cooking with gas…
OUR TOP PICK
Weber’s grilling adventure began when their founder George A. Stephen repurposed an old marine buoy and invented the Kettle Grill, and since ninety fifty-two they’ve been one of the world’s premier manufacturers of grills.
Everything that they’ve learned and discovered about grilling is fashioned into every grill they design and build and their seven decades of experience has led to them becoming a company that other brands imitate but rarely surpass.
The Spirit is one of Weber’s best selling grills, and this two-burner model is the perfect way to join the world of gas-fired grills.
With a total cooking surface area of four hundred and fifty square inches, the Spirit uses Weber’s GS4 cooking system to deliver a nearly unrivaled grilling experience.
With two fully controllable burners that deliver nearly twenty thousand BTU (British Thermal Units) of heat and Infinity Ignition, the Spirit will keep delivering all of the nearly unbeatable grilling power of that’s synonymous with the Weber name until the propane cylinder that you’ve hooked it up to runs out of gas.
And thanks to the grill mounted fuel gauge, you’ll always know just how much gas is left in your tank when you’re grilling with the Spirit.
Made to fit in with your yard and in the sort of spaces that you’d swear were too small to fit a grill, the Spirit has been built to make your grilling life even more fun, and far easier than it's ever been before.
Its lid-mounted temperature gauge will make sure that you constantly know what amount of heat your grill is pumping out and its porcelain coated cooking racks and shelves are simple to clean and straightforward to fit.
Engineered to be easy to use and designed to transform even the most amateur cook into an expert griller, the Spirit has become a grilling legend that’s often been copied but has never been bettered.
- The Spirit is one of Weber’s flagship grills and wears a name badge that guarantees quality and craftsmanship. It’s been built to introduce a legion of would-be chefs to the world of grilling and encourage the devotees of charcoal and wood to turn their backs on the old ways and embrace a future fueled by gas. And as such, it’s succeeding in its mission.
- The one-touch Infinity Ignition system that the Spirit uses is guaranteed by Weber for ten years. That’s one hundred and twenty months of firing up straight away, every single time you use it. And if it doesn’t, Weber will replace it or refund you. It’s that simple.
- Simple to set up and easy to use, the Spirit was designed to make your grilling life straightforward. With total command of all of the heat that it makes available at your fingertips, you’ll be able to grill whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want.
- Universally adored by the grilling community, it’s hard to find any fault with the Spirit and Weber’s crack team of grill engineers created it to solve every grilling gremlin and cooking catastrophe that might befall it. The only issue that we’ve ever stumbled across is that it’s slightly awkward and difficult to assemble, but as Weber supplies full detailed three-dimensional instructions via their user-friendly app, that should never be a problem that you’ll have to face.
Char-Broil is another of the long-standing grilling brands that have earned their name and respected reputation among grillers the world over the hard way.
By designing and manufacturing grills that generations of cooks have relied on. They’ve been powering America’s outdoor cookouts since nineteen forty-eight and they’ve forgotten more about designing grills than most brands will ever learn in a lifetime.
The Char-Broil Performance is a two-burner gas-powered grill that delivers twenty thousand BTU’s of fully controllable heat over three hundred square inches of total cooking surface area.
It’s electronic ignition system guarantees that it’ll fire up every time you hit the button, and it’s porcelain coated cooking racks make sure that all of the heat that this grill makes is transferred to where it matters the most.
The food that you’re cooking. Featuring an easy to remove and empty grease trap, this solid steel grill has been built to weather the elements and stand the test of time and will serve you well throughout the duration of its long grilling life.
Mounted on casters, the cabinet design of the Performance means that it’s easy to move around your yard, and as it weighs just eight five-pounds you won’t have any problems maneuvering it into any space that you need or want to.
Versatile, adaptable, and made to fit in, and cope, with any and all, of the demands that your grilling life demands, the Performance is a dual-burner barbecuing beast that epitomizes the art of outdoor cooking.
- It’s a Char-Broil grill, so it’s been engineered to their exacting and demanding standards and has been designed to be durable and easy to use.
- The push-button ignition system and the full controllable heat that it generates make it a pleasure to cook with. And with three hundred square inches of cooking space whatever your family demands you cook, you’ll be able to rustle up in the blink of a grilling eye.
- Made from stainless steel, it’ll stand up to all the punishment of family life and everything that Mother Nature can, and will, hurl at it in its stride.
- While Char-Broil is a name that’s whispered in reverential tones by the grilling scene, a small percentage of naysayers have reported that the gas line is prone to leaks and doesn’t fit as snugly and evenly as they’d hoped it would. While there have been no instances of the grill and user going up in flames, it might be worth taking a little more time to explore any potential gas line issues before fully committing your grilling future to the Performance.
Pit Boss was founded around a simple idea. To make grills and smokers that were durable and well within the financial means of the average American family.
With an emphasis on practicality and longevity, every single grill that bears the Pit Boss name is made to make life easy, straightforward, and fun,
This fully portable grill weighs just twenty-three pounds, so when you want to pack up and head away for the weekend or just join up with your friends at a tailgating party, you can just throw it in the trunk of your car and head out to wherever it is you’re going.
With two separate, fully controllable ten thousand BTU burners and a total cooking surface area of two hundred and ninety-two square inches, this powerful grill is as just as comfortable living its life on the road as it is cooking up a storm in your backyard.
It even has foldable legs, which makes taking it from place to place and setting it up whenever you get where you’re going easier than ordering a couple of burgers from a food truck.
Made to give you, as Pit Boss so eloquently puts it, the maximum amount of grill-based punching power and cooking versatility, this is the grill that’ll never leave you behind.
It’ll keep up with you regardless of where you want to go and what you want to cook, and always be the centerpiece of any cookout that it, and you, attend.
- It’s light and portable and made to go anywhere and everywhere within you. Wherever you want to grill, the Pit Boss will be ready and waiting for you to fire it up and get straight on with the cooking.
- The independently controlled, ten thousand BTU burners will give you an incredible amount of control and let you grill whatever it is you’re cooking to perfection.
- As long as you have a propane tank with you, you’ll be able to set up and grill to your heart’s content no matter where you are.
- It’s a portable grill and it isn’t supposed to have a permanent home anywhere. This means that, despite what you may read to the contrary online, it hasn’t been designed to be used in your home. As with any propane-based grill, it isn’t safe to use without proper ventilation and while it’s infinitely suited to life outdoors, it won’t cope, or function well, indoors.
Char-Broil takes great pride in the fact that they’ve been America’s favorite grill brand since nineteen forty-eight, and their Classic two burner grill has helped to ensure that they keep winning the hearts and minds of the grilling public.
By adhering to a simple philosophy of “if it isn’t broken don’t fix it, just keep updating it” Char-Broil has made sure that this Classic gas-fired grill continues to find new fans year after year after year.
Delivering twenty thousand BTU’s of heat across two hundred and eighty square inches of cooking space, this Classic two-burner gas-powered grill is the ideal vessel to practice and perfect the art of the family cookout with.
And when you’ve finished grilling? Its porcelain-coated grill racks make it easy to clean, and as it weighs just forty-three pounds, it’s light and small enough to move to wherever you want to store it, and it won’t take up too much precious space while it waits for your next cookout.
The Piezo ignition system that the Classic uses means that’ll fire into action at the touch of a button and its two metal side shelves, which can be folded down, provide more than enough room for you to prepare whatever you’re going to cook on.
The Classic is a classic grill that’ll never go out of style and will always find favor with the cook who knows that there’s more to grilling than meets the eye.
- It’s a classic design that has, with a few tweaks here and there, stood the test of time and helped Char-Broil to establish themselves as America’s favorite grill brand.
- Twenty thousand BTU’s of heat and two hundred and ninety square inches of cooking space is more than enough to feed your family, the family next door, the couple next door to them, and your entire neighborhood. And if you don’t believe us, just invite them all to your next cookout and see how versatile the Classic is.
- Easy to use, and clean it’s a perfect introductory grill for anyone looking to enter the world of grilling.
- If you don’t have a proven track record in home improvement and haven’t assembled IKEA furniture, you might want to step away from the Classic, as it’s a one hundred and ten-piece puzzle that takes some time to put together, It requires a level of patience and dedication to assemble that only the most devoted of would-be grillers possess.
One of the most beloved names in kitchen and home appliance design, Cuisinart is as adept at making grills to simplify your outdoor life as they are at making ovens that make your indoor life easy.
And as surprising as it may seem to see their name on this list of two-burner grills, their Tabletop grill is a combination of sleek, expert design and impeccable practicality.
Requiring absolutely no set up and zero home improvement skills to assemble, Cuisinart’s double burner grill is ready to go straight out of the box. Providing that is, you have a propane cylinder waiting to hook up to it.
Featuring two separate, fully controllable ten thousand BTU burners and a total cooking surface area of two hundred and eighty square inches this grill is a rare thing of beauty that excels in all areas.
It has a lid-mounted thermometer so you’ll always know just how hot it is and an easily removable grease trap that makes cleaning it even easier than cooking with it.
Best of all though, as it weighs just twenty-three pounds it’s an ideal grill to begin your tail-gating and camping adventures with.
And as the only fuel, you’ll need for a weekend of fun with your Cuisinart is a twenty-pound propane cylinder, you’ll be able to grill wherever you want to, whenever you want to with this incredibly versatile two-burner grill.
- Compact, light, and designed to go anywhere and everywhere and cook anything and everything you want it to, Cuisinart’s dual burner grill is devastatingly attractive and thoroughly functional.
- Did we mention its retro-tastic good looks? We did? Okay, we just wanted to be sure that we had.
- Armed with twenty thousand BTU’s of heat and nearly two hundred and eighty square inches of cooking power, the Cuisinart is more than capable of handling any and every cookout that you throw or find yourself at the center of.
- If some of the less flattering reviews are to be believed (and why wouldn’t you believe them?), then it would appear that this grill isn’t quite as durable or strong as Cuisinart seems to think it is. While, for the most part, grillers seem to be happy with its performance, more than a few have noted that, as with most things in life, its looks tend to fade after a while.
Best 2 Burner Gas Grill Buying Guide
Which Two Burner Gas Grill Is The Right One For Me?
While all of the two-burner grills on our list are more than capable of fulfilling all of your outdoor cooking needs, the questions that you’ll need to ask yourself before deciding which one is right for you, are how much available space do you have for your grill and what your budget for your grill is.
If space and budget aren’t an issue, then we’d always, without hesitation recommend that you invest in the same grill that we use, the Weber Spirit. It’s a wonderfully versatile two burner grill that will help you to master and perfect the elusive art of grilling and will provide a lifetime of faithful service.
However, if you are constrained by both your budget and the amount of available space, then the only two burner grill that you’ll ever need is the Cuisinart Tabletop. Its looks may well fade with age, but it’s dependability and adaptability never will.
And as it’s a Cuisinart, you know that it’s been made by a brand that you can, and always will be able to, put your trust and faith in.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Two Burner Gas Grill?
A two-burner gas grill is an over that has been specifically designed to be used outside.
Using propane as its fuel source, it has two burners (which are usually lit using an electronic ignition) to transfer the heat that it uses for cooking to a grill plate on which the food that is being cooked is placed.
Easy to control, propane field grills have become increasingly popular within the grilling community as they tend to produce a cleaner, fresher cook and are easier to clean and maintain than traditional wood and charcoal fueled grills.
Available in a number of different sizes (measured by the surface area of the cooking space) and with a number of different burners, propane grills are an ideal way for would-be grillers and barbecues to become acquainted with the vagaries of the outdoor cooking world.