Filling your kitchen with high-quality cookware is one of the most pleasurable tasks any home cook can do. The range of pots, pans, baking sheets, griddles, and more that are on offer are all tempting kitchen cabinet additions for anybody that loves cooking.
However, there is a little research that needs to be done when you’re looking for cookware. How reputable is the brand? How long will the cookware last? And does it come with any additional features that give you extra value for money?
If there is one brand that can give you definitive answers to all the questions above, it’s Calphalon. For over 50 years, this fantastic brand has been producing high-quality cookware that is renowned for its durability, longevity, and amazing cooking performance.
Calphalon also has a lot of different cookware items to choose from and they are more than capable of offering you exactly what you’re looking for. But, out of the plethora of cookware available, which of their products are the best?
This isn’t an easy question to answer! But, to make things a little easier, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best Calphalon cookware below. Each of these has something different to offer, and will definitely take its place in your kitchen for years to come.
We’ve also created a useful buying guide that gives you a little more information about Calphalon, what makes it such a great brand, and what to look out for if you’re thinking about purchasing a piece of Calphalon cookware.
In a hurry? Let’s start by taking a look at our top pick.
OUR TOP PICK
Perfect for creating an entire cooking setup, the Calphalon Classic Nonstick Cookware Set comprises an 8” frying pan, 10” frying pan, 2.5qt saucepan with cover, 3qt saute pan with cover, and a 6qt stockpot with cover.
The 2.5qt and 6qt pots also come with an innovative no-boil-over insert. Simply place one of these clever gadgets on top of your pot and it will prevent any water from boiling over the edges.
This is ideal if you're cooking rice or pasta, and will keep your stovetop clean and reduce wastage while you cook.
You won’t need to worry about removing these inserts to stir your ingredients either, as they feature an open-center that a utensil can be inserted directly into.
The pots also feature super useful measuring guidelines engraved on the inside. And, like all of the best Calphalon cookware, every item in this set is treated with a highly durable nonstick coating.
Stovetop compatibility isn’t an issue with these pots and pans either, as every one of them can be used on gas, electric, induction, and glass hobs.
They are also oven safe up to 450ºF and, with their hard-anodized aluminum construction, they are guaranteed to last a lifetime. They even come with a lifetime warranty to prove it!
- A complete set of nonstick pots and pans comprising an 8” frying pan, 10” frying pan, 2.5qt saucepan with cover, 3qt saute pan with cover and a 6qt stockpot with cover
- Includes two no-boil-over inserts to keep your stovetop clean and reduce water wastage while cooking
- The pots feature measuring guides engraved directly on the inside
- Oven safe up to 450ºF and compatible with gas, eclectic, glass, and induction hobs
- Comes complete with a lifetime warranty
- These pots and pans are not dishwasher safe. However, the silicone inserts can be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Featuring a dual-layer of non-toxic, nonstick coating, the Calphalon Nonstick Dutch Oven is the perfect choice for cooking delicious soups and stews without worrying about them sticking to your pot.
The generous 7qt capacity makes it ideal for family cooking too.
Constructed from hard-anodized aluminum, this is a highly durable pot. It can also help cut down on your cleaning time as it can be moved directly from the hob to the oven, where it’s safe to use at temperatures up to 450ºF.
It even comes with a tempered-glass lid to give you even more versatility over what you can cook in it.
Engraved directly onto the inside of this dutch oven you’ll find a useful measuring guide. There are also a couple of other features that make cooking with this pot even easier.
The first of these is a cleverly designed pouring spout that makes transferring liquids easy and mess-free.
Another useful feature is the straining holes built directly into the lid. This also you strain water from the pot without using a colander while being able to rest assured that your ingredients won’t fall into the sink!
This dutch oven also has stainless steel loop handles that offer you a sturdy, secure grip on the pot. Backed by a lifetime warranty, this is an ideal choice if you’re looking for long-lasting, durable cookware.
- A 7qt dutch oven constructed from highly-durable anodized aluminum
- Features a double layer of nonstick coating for quick and easy food release
- Can be transferred from the hob to the oven where it’s safe to use at temperatures up to 450ºF
- Has a variety of useful features including engraved measuring guides, a pouring spout, and a tempered-glass lid with strainer holes
- Includes a lifetime warranty
- Some people noted issues with the bottom of the pan scratching when using metal utensils. However, this can easily be avoided by using wooden or silicone utensils instead.
Whether you’re roasting a beautiful joint of meat or a vegan-friendly nut roast, one thing is for certain - you need a roasting pan that can do the job well.
And there’s no better tool for the job than the Calphalon Classic Hard-Anodized 16” Roasting Pan.
The generous size of this pan will allow you to cook large and small ingredients alike, and it’s also got some clever features to ensure you get the best roasting experience possible.
Before we get into those though, let’s start by taking a look at the construction of this pan. It’s made from hard-anodized aluminum.
This doesn’t only make it highly durable, but it also ensures that there is an even layer of heat being dispersed throughout the pan. This prevents burnt patches and cold spots from occurring and keeps everything perfectly, evenly cooked.
The durable construction of this roasting pan also means it’s oven safe up to 450ºF. It can also be used directly on your stovetop and is compatible with gas, electric, halogen, and glass tops.
Meanwhile, the nonstick coating ensures that nothing gets trapped or baked onto the pan and makes food-release quick and easy.
You’re also offered a safe and sturdy grip on the pan while you’re maneuvering it, thanks to the stainless steel handles.
This Calphalon roasting pan comes with a removable nonstick rack that can be used to elevate your ingredients higher to the grill for browning.
It’s also great for letting fat and liquid drain away from the meat while it’s cooking, which can then either be discarded or turned into a gravy directly in the pan itself by placing it on the hob.
- A 16” roasting pan with a nonstick coating that reduces the risk of ingredients sticking and makes food release super easy
- The durable, hard-anodized aluminum construction ensures durability and also provides even heat distribution throughout the pan
- Can be used on gas, electric, halogen, and glass stovetops, and is also oven safe up to 450ºF
- Has sturdy, stainless steel handles that offer you a safe and secure grip when moving the pan in and out of the oven
- Includes a removable, nonstick elevated rack that allows fat to drain away from meat while cooking
- Is not dishwasher safe. However, thanks to the nonstick coating, a quick wash with hot water and dish soap makes cleaning quick and easy.
Anybody who loves cooking knows how great cast-iron is. However, depending on what you’re cooking, you can often find yourself having to switch between different pans.
But, thanks to the Calphalon Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Grill/Griddle Combo, this is now a thing of that past!
This innovatively designed piece of cookware features a flat cast iron cooking grill on one side, which is ideal for cooking pancakes or frying bacon.
Flip it over, however, and you’ll find a ridged grill that is ideal for cooking chicken or steak, and will give you those beautiful charred lines you’re looking for.
Designed to span across two burners, this 18” grill/griddle combo is perfectly sized for family cooking or for easily cooking a larger piece of meat.
Meanwhile, the oversized handles give you the ability to lift it safely with ease. It’s also been pre-seasoned, so it’s ready to use straight out of the box and will offer you fantastic nonstick performance.
The cast-iron construction doesn’t only make this a durable piece of cookware though, it also ensures that an even level of heat is distributed across it.
This grill/griddle combo can also be used in the oven at temperatures up to 450ºF. And, to give you even greater peace of mind over its quality, it comes complete with a lifetime warranty.
- An innovatively designed piece of Calphalon cookware that offers you two cooking surfaces in one
- One side features a smooth griddle, and the other side has a ridged grill design, offering you a greater amount of versatility
- The cast-iron construction is highly durable and provides an even distribution of heat throughout the grill/griddle combo
- Measures 18” and is designed to span across two burners, offering you a larger cooking surface
- Is pre-seasoned, oven safe up to 450ºF, and comes complete with a lifetime warranty
- This grill/griddle combo is quite heavy so it may not be the best choice for somebody that would struggle to maneuver it safely
If you’ve got a smaller kitchen, but you still want to be able to cook a variety of dishes, the Calphalon Premier 15 Piece Space Saving Pots & Pans Set could be the answer to your problems.
Innovatively designed to stack inside each other, they can be stored away neatly without taking up a huge amount of precious cupboard space.
The entire set comprises three frying pans (8”, 10”, and 12”), a 3.5qt saucepan, a 4.5qt soup pan, a 3qt saute pan, a 5qt sauteuse, and an 8qt stockpot. Each of the pans and pots has a matching tempered-glass lid to bring the entire set to 15 items.
Each pot and pan has been treated with a triple layer of nonstick coating that, when paired with the anodized aluminum construction, provides a durable cooking surface.
Unlike most nonstick cookware, these pans are also metal-utensil safe and dishwasher safe.
You can even transfer your ingredients straight from the hob to the oven as each pot and pan is oven safe up to 450ºF.
You’re also guaranteed an even level of heat distribution across your cooking surface, and the handles are designed to stay cool while you’re cooking on the stovetop. This offers you extra safety and a secure grip.
- A set of 15 pans comprising three frying pans (8”, 10”, and 12”), a 3.5qt saucepan, a 4.5qt soup pan, a 3qt saute pan, a 5qt sauteuse, an 8qt stockpot, and 5 tempered-glass lids
- Innovatively designed to neatly stack inside each other, making them a great choice for smaller kitchens
- Features a triple layer of nonstick coating for easy food release and to prevent burning
- Constructed from hard-anodized aluminum for long last durability and an even level of heat distribution
- Can be used on gas, electric, halogen, and glass top hobs and are oven safe up to 450ºF
- These pots and pans only stack inside each other in size order, so you may have to lift several out of your cabinets to get to the size you need
Best Calphalon Cookware Buying Guide
Whenever you’re buying cookware, you need to make sure that you have complete faith in the quality of the brand you’ve chosen. Calphalon has been trading for over 50 years and during that time it has held firmly as one of the most trusted cookware manufacturers in the world.
But what makes Calphalon such a renowned brand? It all comes down to the variety of cookware products they offer, and the quality of each of these products.
Constructed from durable materials and often accompanied by a lifetime warranty, you’re unlikely to find anything that will match Calphalon products in longevity.
Each piece of their cookware is innovatively designed as well to make cooking easier and make sure your food always tastes delicious.
So, whether you’re a Michelin-starred chef or a complete kitchen novice, Calphalon always gives their products a little extra something to make life in the kitchen a more pleasurable experience.
A Range of Cookware
When you’re buying Calphalon cookware for your kitchen, you’ll notice that there is a huge range of products available. From stackable saucepan sets to elevated roasting pans, you’re absolutely spoilt for choice!
However, although it’s tempting to buy everything you come across, it’s a good idea to think about what you actually need. Will you use a grill/griddle combo regularly? Or would you be better off investing in a set of pans?
Figuring this out will help you save some money as well as cupboard space that could be taken up by cookware you simply don’t have any need for.
Besides, you can always add to your Calphalon collection over time. They’ve been around for over 50 years after all, so there’s not much risk of them going anywhere!
When you’ve decided what the best Calphalon cookware for your needs is, it’s really important to make sure that it’s compatible with your oven. The majority of Calphalon cookware is compatible with all hob types including gas, electric, halogen, and glass.
This is another reason why Calphalon is such a fantastic investment. As it’s designed to last you a lifetime, there’s a chance your oven will give up long before your cookware does. And, if you want to change from gas to induction when it does, you’ll know that your cookware will still work with it.
Most Calphalon cookware is also oven safe up to 450ºF. This means you can start cooking on the hob and then transfer the pot straight to the oven to finish or to keep it warm for later.
It also means that you don’t have to worry about dishing your ingredients into a separate oven safe dish, saving you from having to clean multiple pans when you’re done!
Being able to use your Calphalon cookware on the hob and in the oven is a really great feature, but across the huge range of cookware Calphalon has to offer there are several other clever features that make cooking with it a life-changing experience.
Some of their pan sets come with tempered glass lids that feature straining holes. This allows you to drain water away from vegetables or pasta without having to pour everything into a separate colander.
Many of Calphalon’s pans also feature engraved measurement markings. This allows you to add the perfect amount of liquid to your recipe without having to decant it into a measuring jug beforehand.
Calphalon even offers a roasting pan with an elevated rack. This allows any fats and liquid to drain away from a joint of meat while it’s cooking, catching it in the tray and preventing the meat from sitting in it while it cooks.
And, by being able to use it in the oven and on the hob, you’ll be able to turn the caught juices into a delicious gravy directly in the pan.
There’s even a solution for anybody with a smaller kitchen, thanks to Calphalon's stackable pots and pans. These are designed to nestle neatly inside each other and take up much less cupboard space than traditional pan sets.
One thing most Calphalon cookware has in common is that is treated with a nonstick coating. Some of their products even feature a double or triple layer of nonstick coating, ensuring food release and making them metal utensil safe.
Cookware that has been treated with multiple layers of nonstick coating can also be safely cleaned in the dishwasher, making cleaning even easier!
Calphalon also offers a range of cast-iron cookware that is naturally nonstick. These are also pre-seasoned, so they’re ready to use straight out of the box and will save you time and effort over seasoning them yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Calphalon safe?
Calphalon is one of the safest brands of cookware available and fully complies with all standards set for manufacturing kitchen equipment.
The nonstick coatings applied to Calphalon cookware are non-toxic, BPA-free, and FDA-approved. This means it doesn’t release any chemicals into your food while you're cooking.
What is Calphalon cookware made of?
This depends on the item you’re buying, as Calphalon uses a few materials in the construction of their cookware. The majority of their pans are constructed from anodized aluminum, which is highly durable and offers an even level of heat distribution across the cooking surface.
Calphalon also produces cast-iron cookware, which is naturally nonstick and has been used for centuries in the production of pots, pans, grills, and more.
- What Are Buffet Tables? (We Find Out) - November 16, 2021
- Are Epicurean Cutting Boards Good For Knives? (We’ve Got The Answer) - November 16, 2021
- 3 Reasons Why Table Runners Are Used That You Should Know - November 16, 2021