Today we are looking at a device that a lot of people would class as an essential part of their home. Bread is one of the greatest foods invented, but there’s only one thing better than bread, and that is toast.
As the saying goes, it’s the best thing since sliced bread, and nothing can beat a slice of freshly cooked toast smothered in butter. There’s only one way to make toast and that’s with a toaster, or of course, a toaster oven.
One of the leading manufacturers of kitchen appliances is Black and Decker, and today we’re looking at their 4 slice toaster oven. While a lot of people swear by regular toasters, a toaster oven is just as good.
Toaster ovens also offer a lot more diversity than regular toasters, giving you the ability to cook other things in them rather than just bread.
This product by Black and Decker is one of the best toaster ovens that exists, so we’re taking a deeper look at the features of this device as well as the pros and cons and whether or not it is worth the money.
But before we get into the toaster oven, let’s take a quick look at Black and Decker’s history.
What is Black and Decker?
Black and Decker is an American manufacturer of appliances. They are one of many companies that have their fingers in a lot of pies as they can be found in the majority of appliance categories.
From power tools to home appliances, Black and Decker manufacture a variety of different things which has made them a household name. Black and Decker were first founded in Maryland in 1910 and started off making machinery for constructing milk bottle tops.
Shortly after they expanded and started producing power tools such as drills before expanding into other sectors in the following years. Although the founding members of Black and Decker have since passed away, the company has continued to grow.
100 years from the year that they were first founded, Black and Decker merged with Stanley Works (the creators of the Stanley Knife) to become Stanley Black and Decker.
Combined the companies have a history dating back 177 years, and a vast amount of experience in both power tools and household hardware. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Black and Decker 4 Slice Toaster Oven.
While Black and Decker have a variety of different kitchen appliances available, today we are focusing on their 4 slice toaster oven.
This is the lead product in the Black and Decker toaster range and is a self-proclaimed “countertop classic” in many homes.
People seem to love this product because it removes the need to use your regular oven if you are in a hurry to make food.
While it is designed for use to make toast, this machine can be used to cook a variety of other things too.
The Black and Decker 4 Slice Toaster Oven comes with 4 different cooking functions included. As well as toasting bread in this oven, you can also use it to bake and broil a variety of dishes.
It also comes with the ability to keep food warm, making it a great addition to your kitchen if you are not great with timing when it comes to cooking.
A lot of people like this toaster oven because it comes with a large glass door which allows you to monitor the progress of what is cooking inside it.
This is a function that regular toasters are unable to offer as you cannot see the bread, but with this toaster oven you can monitor your toast and take it out when it is cooked right for you.
This not only comes in handy for toast, but also for other dishes that you can cook in the toaster oven.
- Now that we have explained exactly what the Black and Decker 4 Slice Toaster Oven is, let’s take a look at why it is such a popular choice among people.
- One notable advantage that people seem to find about the Black and Decker 4 Slice Oven is the company’s reputation. Compared to a regular toaster, the toaster oven is quite a bit more expensive so you want to ensure that the money you are investing is worth it. While you might be put off investing this money in a company that you do not know much about, you might feel safer spending your money with Black and Decker. The company has existed for over 100 years and its products are renowned for their top-quality and durability. When you know that you will be getting good quality for your money you will be happier to spend the money.
- Another advantage that this toaster oven offers is diversity. Most toasters can cook bread into toast and that is all. This toaster oven offers 4 different cooking functions, allowing you to bake and broil food, keep cooked food warm, and of course, toast bread. Although it is slightly more pricey than a regular toaster, the money is worth it due to the extra features included in the price. While you may think you will not use the toaster oven for anything other than toasting bread, it is surprising how many functions it can complete and how handy it will be in the future.
- Finally, a great thing about this toaster oven is that it does not take up much space on your countertop. While it is larger than a regular toaster, as it can cook things other than bread, this device is still compact and significantly smaller than your regular oven. This means that it can be easily stored away while not in use, or kept on a countertop without taking up an excess of space. It is the perfect size for a kitchen which is why it is such a popular choice among people.
- But no product is perfect, and there are some disadvantages of the Black and Decker 4 slice toaster oven.
- One issue that some people have observed with the toaster oven is the timer. While it is a great addition to the device, some people have found that you are sometimes better off not setting the timer. Once the timer is set you are unable to turn it off meaning you cannot access the contents until the timer has finished. So it seems that this feature which in most situations would be handy to use can sometimes cause errors. To avoid this becoming an issue, you should only set the timer when you are cooking things that require a specific amount of time in the oven. For other dishes, such as toast, you may be better off not setting the timer.
- The other issue that some people seem to find with the toaster oven is that it has a limited range of color options. In the modern-day, a lot of people like to match their kitchen appliances with the rest of the kitchen, and this toaster oven makes that difficult. That being said, while the toaster oven is only available in one color, the color is silver. This color can easily match other things in your kitchen to tie it in, even if it is not the exact color that you want.
Black and Decker 4 Slice Toaster Oven Buying Guide
Now that we’ve looked at the advantages and disadvantages of this toaster oven, let’s take a better look at some of its key features.
The main feature of this device is its 4 function capability, which allows you to use it to cook a variety of different dishes. From toasting bread to cooking pizza to broiling dishes, the opportunities for this toaster oven are endless.
This makes it one of the most convenient kitchen appliances to add to your home setup.
Another popular feature of this device is that it has both a timer and a large glass front. This gives you two opportunities to ensure that you do not overcook your food.
You can physically keep an eye on it through the glass door, or set a timer and get on with other things while it’s cooking depending on your preference.
A lot of people also love the size of this toaster oven as it is the perfect size for your home. It has the capability of toasting 4 slices of bread or cooking a 9-inch pizza which highlights the versatility of this device.
Finally, a lot of people love how great it is at toasting bread. It comes with EvenToast technology ensuring that every piece of bread is toasted to perfection. It also comes with a removable crumb tray which is essential for a good toaster and significantly reduces the cleaning time required.
In short, the Black and Decker 4 slice toaster oven is an excellent option if you need a new toaster for your home.
While a standard toaster can be tempting, this device is incredibly versatile and allows you to do so much more than just toast bread.