Today, we are looking at one of the star products by the kitchen appliance company, Cuisinart.
This company is one of the leading manufacturers of anything that you could possibly need in your kitchen, but today we’re looking at their 11 Cup Food Processor.
Food processors are such a handy addition to your kitchen set up. These incredibly versatile machines can be used to make the process of cooking any meal easier.
From kneading dough to chopping vegetables, a food processor is easily the most versatile kitchen appliance that exists.
Food processors are almost always electrical devices and this means that they require barely any effort from you for them to do their job. They are often confused with blenders, however, these are two completely different devices.
Blenders always require liquid in the mix to be able to blend the ingredients within the container without any damage occurring to the blades. Whereas food processors have the ability to blend or chop food without requiring any liquid in the mix.
Now that we’ve established exactly what a food processor is, let’s take a quick look at the company behind this specific product, Cuisinart.
What is Cuisinart?
The company, Cuisinart, was first founded in 1971 by an American inventor inspired by his love of all food produced in France. Ever since it was first founded, there has been one product that Cuisinart was known for. That was its food processor.
The company, and its food processor, was first introduced to consumers in Chicago two years after the company was founded. However, success was limited until the company featured in the renowned food magazine, Gourmet.
Following its appearance in the magazine, Cuisinart continued to grow throughout the 1970s. Some well-planned marketing campaigns and associations, including one with celebrity chef James Beard, boosted Cuisinart from an unknown company to a household name.
However, the company would fall out of favor in the mid-1980s, and falling sales would lead to Cuisinart filing for bankruptcy.
However, those with the money knew that the products manufactured by Cuisinart were too good to stop existing.
This is why, in 1989, Cuisinart was bought out by an investment company, Conair. The company has continued to be owned by Conair up to this day, and it is thanks to this company that we are still able to access the wonderful products designed by Cuisinart. Namely their 11 Cup Food Processor.
As its name suggests, the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor is, in fact, a food processor. Its design is unique to any other product produced by Cuisinart.
This is because it comes with a compact kneading or chopping cover which can be used to seal the large feeding tube.
This means that none of the ingredients within the food processor will be able to escape through the entrance tube, ensuring zero waste.
Another feature that makes this device unique is its industrial quality motor. Without a doubt, the power of this motor makes the Cuisinart 11 Cup food processor a beast in the kitchen.
So if you want to level up your kitchen to a professional affair, the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor is a great option.
Not only does this device come with an unbelievably powerful motor, but it also comes with a variety of attachments that allow you to use the device in a variety of different ways.
From two different slicing disk options and a chopping/mixing blade, to two different sizes of pusher, you have lots of attachments to choose from.
With all of these attachments, its large feeding tube, and powerful motor, this food processor is able to make light work of what would have been a big task.
So if you want to reduce the preparation time for a variety of different recipes, a Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor could be a great addition to your kitchen.
Now that we’ve established exactly what the Cuisinart 11 cup food processor is, let’s take a look at some of the excellent benefits that you can get from it.
- First, let’s take a look at its motor. As we have already mentioned the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor comes with an incredibly powerful motor which allows it to make cutting the toughest of foods an easy task. The motor is perhaps the most important part of the processor as it is this which provides power for the rest of the device. Without a powerful motor, the processor would not be able to function, and if the motor were too weak, the processor would not be able to process any food in it. The Cuisinart 11 cup food processor comes with a 625-watt motor which is more than capable of slicing lots of different foods, allowing this food processor to be an incredibly versatile product.
- Another great thing about this food processor is how easy it is to clean. One thing that puts a lot of people off of food processors, is the amount of effort that they require to clean. This is quite common across a lot of kitchen appliances and is the reason why a lot of devices sit unused in kitchen cupboards and on shelves. This is not an issue with this food processor as it is designed to be easy to clean. It has a variety of parts that can be easily detached to clean, and other areas of the device can be easily accessed to hand wash.
- Finally, perhaps the best thing about this food processor is its tube. The food processor is designed with an extra-large tube, allowing you to add lots of different ingredients into the processor. This makes the device stand out from its competitors, as a lot of food processors have a small tube which limits the uses of the processor. But the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor does not have this issue and is a very versatile device to have in your home.
But no device is perfect, so let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages that the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor has.
- One issue that people seem to find with this food processor is that it is quite tricky to construct. With a device that comes with so many different attachments, this is unsurprising, and it is part of the course of having a machine that is so versatile. In particular, the lid of the food processor can be tricky to construct which may be off-putting as this is the most important part of the design. While it might be frustrating, you must ensure the lid is properly attached before you use the food processor. Otherwise, you could end up with a very messy kitchen.
- The other issue that some people find with this device is the safety features. A lot of users have found that the safety features of the device can slow down the process. They make using the device slower, and also slow down the physical blending/slicing function of the processor. That being said, safety features are something that is essential, especially if you have kids. So while it might be frustrating that it slows down the process, it is better to have safety features than to not have any and potentially put yourself and others at risk while you use your food processor.
Features of the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor
We briefly covered some of the great features that the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor has when we looked at the pros of the device. But let’s take a look at some more of the great features this device includes.
We’ve already mentioned them briefly, so it’s only fair that we take a deeper look at the attachments which come with this food processor. These include two different slicing disks, which will slice the ingredients to different thicknesses, either thin or medium.
It also includes a shredding disk which can be used to tear apart the different ingredients in the processor, which is a great feature that can be used to make a variety of different recipes.
Another excellent feature of this processor, is that the package comes with a recipe book which is full of recipes that you can cook in your food processor. This is excellent if you are unsure what you can prepare in a food processor, and a great source of inspiration if you are unsure what to make.
This recipe book really gives you a sense of how versatile this food processor is, and even tells you which attachments you will need to use to make different dishes.
With all of these wonderful features, plus being BPA-free and coming with 3 years of warranty, it is clear why this is such a popular choice among so many people.
In short, if you are looking for a food processor, the Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor is an excellent choice. Cuisinart first broke onto the scene producing food processors back in the 1970s.
Their products were excellent back then, and they’ve only improved ever since, so there’s no question that this is one of the best options on the market.